Biewer Bloggings

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I hope you have all had a blessed day filled with food, family and thoughts of all the blessings God has provided in your life.  I have been given a great family, wonderful friends and my fur gang. Each and everyone that touches my life have blessed me in a way, even if I thought it was negative at the time.  I have grown and learned lessons from these trials and keep persevering. 

Latest update on kitchen is countertop and cupboards will go in next week (sounds like a broken record!)  Tile won't go in until December 14 or later.  Waiting to hear from floor refinishers.  Need to get new tub and Onyx for tub surround ordered.  

See some of you in a couple of weeks in Florida!

Thanksgiving, early AM 

Fancy is being retrained to the crate in prep for the upcoming trip.  I am away at 2 am because of her barking.  I took her out to see if she needed to potty, then back into the crate for more crying.   I don't want to jinx myself, but she just quieted down.  Hopefully to sleep through the rest of the night.

Went to see Tater and my friend yesterday.  Took Fancy with me, as she was getting car sick on the trip to Colorado.  She did very well yesterday!  no gooey mouth, no getting sick! 

Today is going to be pretty uneventful for us.  We are sticking close to home for two reasons.  Dave has gout in his hand and we will see our son and his wife on Saturday.  Won't get to see daughter's family.  I have planned some cleaning, rearranging, and hopefully some painting.

Just ordered on line a Black Friday item from Target.  That is the extent of my BF shopping!  lol  We have done some BF shopping in the past, but not like the hard core people that camp out or hit the stores when they open at 6 am.  CRAZY! 

Our insurance company is a well known company, but they are giving us terrible service.  They don't sent out the policy with the ID cards for the cars.  They send out notices that the membership is late when we never received a notice that it was due. The premiums went up without prior notice, and we haven't had a claim, plus we took full coverage off two of the cars.  I called the office two weeks ago and asked why it went up.  The lady said she would pull our file and call me back.  Still waiting for that call! 

Kitchen saga--- The counter top was not cut and ready for pick up on Tuesday evening.  So we get to wait until next week for the install of the counters and the rest of the cabinets.  The tile guy informed me that he has to have surgery, so December 14 is the earliest that he will be able to put the tile in.  Told me that the kitchen is "livable" without the tile.  I asked about the appliances, since they go in AFTER the tile.  He told me that I can have everything but the dishwasher installed and they would just move the stove and refrigerator.  I think I am in the twilight zone of remodeling!   Sure wish something was completely done!  Outside needs gutters and a column.  Kitchen needs just about everything, including trim and a doorway, plus the half bath installed.  Spare bedroom needs floor done, fan put in, and I need to paint some trim.  Bathroom has not been started.  Our bedroom needs to be cleared out so the floor can be sanded and finished. 

The girls have had a lot of interest, but no one has said the final yes.  I am going to try to put the videos that I took on the website.  They are short, but at least they show the girls. 


Yesterday two great things happened.  Monique found her retirement home and the cabinet maker contacted me regarding the install date.  Seems our counter tops were in the wreck and damaged.  They have to recut them.  With luck on our side (kind of ironic after the first ones being in a wreck), they will be picked up Tuesday evening, installed Wednesday and then the rest of the cabinets installed on Friday.  I may have some of the weekend to put stuff in them!  Saturday will likely be out as we are doing Thanksgiving with our son and his wife that day.

Everyone is doing pretty good.  We have started with having to give hinny washes.  Not sure if it is the length of the hair right now or if they are having poo issues.  Would love to cut them all down, but this is the beginning of the cold weather, so not a wise time to shave dogs. 

The older puppies are getting more personalities.  Bella is also not cleaning up after them as well as she did.  They are eating soften food once a day.  In a week or so we will go to twice a day.  I don't want to keep them so full that they don't nurse.   They would definitely be in the kitchen now.  They are noisier and messier.  It makes sleeping more difficult, plus clean up would have been easier on the linoleum. 


As of right now all of the babies are available.  Pip and Baby are still looking for their forever homes, for those of you that have asked about either of these girls.
Baby weighs in at 5 pounds at one year, 2 months.  Pip weighs 1.7 pounds at 6 months 2 weeks.  Midi is also ready to go.  The two tiny girls had their last puppy shot and a check up with an American vet.  Pip's right knew is a little loos and Midi's left knee is a bit loose. She also has an open fontenelle.  Both girls are going to be tiny and likely under 3 pounds as adults.  Baby has been shown AKC/FSS and has gotten a couple of points.  It is possible that Baby can be spayed before she leaves, if I have enough notice to get it scheduled.  Delivery to Orlando is possible on December 10.

The spare bedroom has a new ceiling.  They need to paint it yet.  I washed down the walls tonight and Dave patched nail holes and cracks.  Tomorrow I hope to get it painted.  It is getting closer to being done!  The floor will likely not be done for awhile, so we won't be putting stuff back in for awhile.  The contractor is going to hang the heater in the barn next week.  Then we need an electrician and also the propane people to get everything hooked up.

No mention of when the kitchen counter will be in since they wrecked their delivery truck.  So sad that the counter and cupboards will not be done for Thanksgiving break.  I was hoping to get everything back into the kitchen.  Once I know when the counters and cabinets will be done, I can start calling the flooring people and get them moving.  The tile should be in.  Also need to tell Sears to get our appliances in and get an install date.  Can't wait to have my kitchen back!!!

Only two days of school next week.  Then Fancy and I are going to go see my friend that is going to show Tater.  Tater has been staying with her. 

The numbers for the show were listed today and there is suppose to be 9 Biewer Terriers.  Tater will have 2 other boys in his class.  Fancy will be the youngest girl and then there is 4 older girls.  The other dog is a boy puppy.  Fingers crossed that the Heaven Sent gang shows well!!!!  Excited about going and being with other Biewer Terrier people.  Sometimes wonder if I should be taking Dreamer since he did so well last year. 

Most of the AKC/FSS shows that have been listed for next year are a long distance away.  There is one in Denver, but it is only one day.  A long way to go for just one day and one show.  I much prefer the 2 or 3 shows on as many days.  It just makes the travel seem worth it. 



Baby is looking for a home again.  The lady that was going to adopt her has some things going on right now that makes it just not the right time for her to get another HS dog. 

The three girls go to the vet on Wednesday after school. 

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?  Of course Christmas is not much after that! 

I think the kids at school realize it.  Can we say wired and crazy?


Today was busy, just not doing what I wanted to do!  Paid bills, got a call from a lady that had seen one of my pictures with an ad on a for sale website.  The ad was not mine.  So I reported the ad and wrote to the person and told them to remove it too.  Then Dave was working on the spare bedroom.  He expected me to help him.  We got all of the wallpaper off, the carpet up, the tackboard and staples out of the floor.  The two closets cleaned out.  They were full of our kids' things.There is still the carpet in the closets to pull up.  Dave can do that tomorrow, as well as get the remaining things out of the room.  This means that the living room is full of boxes and the mattresses.

I did weigh Bella's babies today.  The largest boy was 1#11oz.  The girl and the other boy are 1#7oz.  Pretty big for 4 weeks!  Especially considering that Pip only weighs 1#12oz at 6 months! 

I told Dave that I HAVE to get dogs bathed and pictures taken tomorrow! 


November 11 

Meet the three newest members of the Heaven Sent Family.  (sorry for the messy hair picture!)  Top to bottom.  Midi, Cheri, Pip.   Names may change as I get to know these gals.  Pip will likely be looking for a pet home, as she is a tiny thing.

The puppies are doing well.  Bella is starting to show signs that it is time to start feedings.  She runs for the babies when she does not think they need to eat!   
Kitchen is not coming along very fast.  Maybe the plumber/electrician can get here to do a couple of outlets and water/drain lines.  It will also be nice to get the barn heater and water heater all hooked up.  We have been running the space heaters as needed so far this fall.  It will be so nice to have the large heater heating the whole barn, instead of space heaters for just a portion of the barn. 

Getting excited about heading to Eukanuba.  I will get to see some people and dogs that I haven't seen in awhile.  It is always fun to see such quality dogs and try to see if my picks match the judges picks for groups and BIS.  Plus I will have several days off school to spend with friends and dogs. 

I hope to find some time to take pictures of the babies and the new girls all dolled up.  Seems that there are too many things going on with school, dogs, construction, and other day to day things to get done.  Miss the time that summer gives me!

I can't remember if I announced that I am going to be a grandma in April.  They found out it is a boy!

November 7 

The babies are growing like weeds.  Three weeks tomorrow and Bella wants to spend more time away from them each day. 

I hope to have another announcement this week.  Maybe I can get pictures of all the new ones too. 

School is going well.  The interim testing is done.  Made it a long week though.  Now to get back into our regular schedule again.

Kitchen is just starting to come together.  I have painted all of the walls and the closet.  The kitchen 1/2 bath needs paint yet.  They started putting the cabinets in on Thursday.  Found out that the carpenter extended the soffit too far.  He had to come back on Friday and shorten it.  The counter top people will be here on Monday to measure for the granite.  It will take it 2 weeks to be ready to put on.  Then the rest of the cabinets and the crown molding can be installed.  I was also told by the tile people that they did not order the tile and it will be at least two weeks before it is here.  So, it looks like three weeks minimum before we are back into the kitchen. 

Dave started painting the stairway walls today.  We picked out a gray and it is darker than I thought.  Almost looks black.  Dungeon anyone?

Not sure if I am ready for the upstairs to be torn apart!  I am ready for dogs to be back in the house.  It is kind of quiet, even though Bella and her babies are in the bedroom with us. 

I will try to get pictures of the puppies.  I am thinking of keeping the girl, so that will mean the two boys may be looking for homes. 


Monday, October 26 

The babies are officially a week old (last night).  They are do great.  All are fat and content babies.  Bella is leaving them for short (very short) breaks.  She goes outside to potty and right back in. 

Made it through the first night of conferences.  Tomorrow is a full moon and the students are excited about Halloween this weekend and of course the party on Thursday.  Might be a long week even though it is only 4 days.

I wish I could see some changes in the kitchen when I get home.  I can tell the guys were out here, but can't really see any changes.  I guess they are mudding and sanding.  Hoping it all works out for the cupboards next week!  I haven't told the appliance people that we are ready yet, because we need the tile in before the appliances.  Seems like such a slow process. 

Dave had to take care of dogs tonight.  Murphy had a dirty bottom, but did not want Dave to get close to him.  Dave has never been a favorite of Murphy.  Needless to say, Dave had to corner him and then grab at him.  Not good, as Murphy bit Dave and drew blood.  Murphy was fine for the bath part and did not fight Dave after he was picked up.  I told Dave that he likely hurt Murphy when he had to grab him so quickly.  I am sure it seemed to Dave like Murphy was getting all of the sympathy. 

October is almost gone.  Thanksgiving and Christmas will quickly be approaching.  My time does fly. 

October 25 

The three babies are doing very well so far.  They are growing and fat!

The kitchen is completely gutted.  They have been repairing wall damage (from me taking off the wainscot paneling).  Floor in the half bath is repaired.  The mud will hopefully be dry enough for them to prime the wall.  We bought paint today, so hoping to get the kitchen painted this week.  The cement board is to go down this week, then next week the cupboards.  I can't wait to see them in the kitchen!!!  So excited!  Then the floor followed by appliances and then the backsplash. Will also have trim work to do around the doors and floor.

Every other room in the house is in a disarray.  The living room has the refrigerator and the new half bath vanity in it.  The bedrooms and upper basement have boxes of kitchen items.  We will go through all of the boxes before putting things back into the kitchen.  I have a feeling that there will be boxes and bags of things to donate to the sheltered workshop.  Probably many trips will be made before we are done with the house. 

I am hoping to get to the door tomorrow.  I still need to varnish it.  It has been on my to do list for a couple of weeks, but things come up.  If I don't do it soon then it will be too cold to do the outside before I know it.

In just over a month Fancy and Tater will be traveling to Florida with my friend and me.  4-5 days in Florida!!!  Baby will go with us too, to travel to her forever home.  Will miss that girl!  She is such a people dog. 

I wish the hot water or even the tub was hooked up in the barn.  While the construction is going on, I still have to bring the dogs to the house for grooming.  Good thing we have a full sized kitchen sink in our laundry room. 

Hell week for teachers is this next week.  Monday 8 am to 9 pm, Tuesday normal, Wednesday 8-9, Thursday normal, Friday OFF!  With 21 students I will have two full nights of conferences without any breaks.  NOT looking forward to this week at all.  It is also Anti Bullying week at school, so the kids will dress in different themes each day and they want the teachers to dress up too.  Monday is favorite team day. 


October 19, 2015 

Bella had three puppies last night.  2 boys and 1 girl.   They are nice sized babies and seem to be doing well so far.   They are in my bedroom like my babies normally are, even though all of the rest of the dogs are in the barn.  Construction workers are in and out of the house, and I could not risk anyone getting out or hurt.  My bedroom door is shut, so hopefully the added noise during the day won't bother Bella and babies.  Will be nice when they are done working on the house!   

I hope to get pictures in the next couple of days.  Bella is a mama that curls around her babies for the first few days.   

This will likely be the only litter until next year.  No one in heat or bred for now. 


October 5, 2015 

Trying to get caught back up at school after being gone last week.  I also need to miss half of Thursday to go for a bone scan and a mammogram. 

I have been looking for a new male for over a year.  One came to live here, but was not structurally what I wanted to breed.  In my search, I have found a couple of sisters that will be coming in the next month.  Hope they are as nice as their pictures!  I also have my eye on a boy, and hoping he remains as cute as he is now. 

Puppies still due in just over 2 weeks.  We will start puppy watch late this coming weekend. 

Our kitchen is not usable right now.  The only appliance that is still usable is the dishwasher and sink.  The refrigerator keeps things cold, but is not hooked up to water to make ice or cold filtered water.  We have used the microwave to make supper the last two nights.  Dave needs to get the old linoleum pulled up yet.  Hoping we really love everything we have picked out when everything is done!


October 2 

Just got back from the dog show late this afternoon.  1st show--Tater was BOB and went to win Group 1.  Baby was BOS.Tatttt  2nd show--Dreamer was BOB and then got group 3.  Fancy was BOS.  Many Many thanks for my friend Bernice for taking care of Tater and Baby and then also going to this show with me to help get things ready and show  Tater.

Went to eye doctor again on the way to the show.  He wants to see me again in another month.  I think just as a precaution.

If anyone is wanting a retired boy (meaning he will likely need to wear a belly band, even after being neutered)  Wolfi has been retired.  He has no teeth, but eats hard dog food. 

Looking forward to puppies in about a month.  No other litters are in the works right now.  I may have an announcement about a new Heaven Sent member in a few weeks!

Also forgot to tell you that Dave and I are expecting our first grandbaby this next spring!

Next show is Eukanuba in December.  Much to do before then!

Sept. 16 

We got exciting news yesterday.  Our daughter is expecting our first grandbaby! 

I am also sad that all of the dogs are in the barn right now.  They have started on the house.  They have been working outside, so I had been procrastinating taking the dogs to the barn.  Today I got home to a new back door installed.  That had me scared about the safety of the furbabies while I am gone.  So I packed up everyone, toys, beds and chews and we went to the barn and got everyone settled in.  Now I pray that the construction gets done sooner instead of later.  Not only for our sanity of living in a torn apart house, but so the dogs can get back where they belong. 

School is going pretty smoothly.   My class will be gaining another student on Monday.  So very thankful that I have a wonderful para to support and help in my classroom.  There are days that I cannot even think straight.

I have been sick since I got my flu shot on Thursday.  Hoping all of my bloodwork comes back normal. I am scheduled for a bone scan in early October.  My ankles were x-rayed to see if any changes are going on and causing the pain.   Getting older is not much fun!

Labor Day, Monday, Sept 7, 2015 

Thank you for the prayers.  My eye just has really large floaters, caused by aging.  The Eye doctor will look at it again at the end of the month. I see the regular doctor this week. I am sure she will tell me the same thing.... you are getting older!  lol

They are suppose to start on the outside of the house tomorrow.  Drilling holes to blow in more insulation. Then siding, guttering, and covering all wood parts.  We need to buy a new door for the basement and get the door from the folks for the front.  The front door will need to be finished yet.   We don't even have our loan approved yet!!!  The loan officer was on vacation last week.  I guess we could be in big trouble, as they have already started on the kitchen cabinets too.  

All of the dogs, except Gracie, the poodle, got baths yesterday.  Bubble bath ad a rinse.  Quick way to wash a crew.  I need to do nails and a bit of trimming yet.  Dave and I calked and fixed a few things around the barn.  Trying to get ready to have the whole crew there while the house is being worked on.  I don't want anyone getting stepped on, or let out and lost.  As much as I don't like not having them in the house, I know it is safer for them to be contained safely away from the construction.   I bet you can guess where I will be spending a lot of my time too!  lol

Getting excited about the dog show in just a few weeks.  Then nothing until Eukanuba.  I was disappointed to find out that there will be only one show at Eukanuba this year for FSS breeds.  Guess I won't be going next year.  The trip is too expensive for only one show, even if the BTCA counts it as our specialty.  Dreamer and Tater are so close to earning a Certificate of Merit.  Dreamer needs only 3 points and Tater needs 5.  Fancy needs 13 and Baby needs 14 points.  I am not planning on Baby getting a CM, but hope that Fancy can get the points in the next year. 

The next few weeks are likely to be busy ones.  We have a lot of decisions, even though a lot have been made already.  Flooring to try to get up, rooms to paint, items to buy, and stuff to move around from room to room.  Hopefully we can purge stuff not needed during the remodel too.


August 30, 2015 

We did get the termites sprayed and baited yesterday.  Found some dead ant looking terimites? in the barn tonight.  Some were still kicking a bit too.

Went and bought dog food today and looked over home improvement things too.  Anxious about getting started (and done) with our remodel!!!

Tomorrow I work just a couple of hours and then go to Lincoln to see the retina specialist.  Worried about what he will say, but trying to be optimistic.  

Dana found out her Fossil store is not going to open until November 1.  This will give her more time to hire a strong team to work for her.  

Dad has it arranged for Dave and I to ride in at Kansas State football's Harley Day.  Dad and Dave rode in last year.  Probably more amazing from the stands than riding in.  I think Dana and Richard are going to the game that day too.

I need to decide what I am wearing tomorrow.  I have only worn dresses or skirts to school so far (except Friday"s jean day).  Don't know if I want to wear a dress to the doctor's though.

Everything is quiet with the dogs.  No puppies, no puppies due.  

August 28, 2015 

Made it through the first whole week of school!  Celebrated this morning with a diet Dr.Pepper and a blueberry muffin.

Came home yesterday to a broken water pipe around the hydrant by the barn.  The night before I found termite tunnels inside the barn.  Hope the bad news does not come in threes!   Dave and I will spend part of tomorrow putting these tube things in the ground around the barn and house to bait the termites.  

Monday I am only working 1/4 day as I have an appointment with a retina specialist in Lincoln.  The vision in my right I has become hazy.  Prayers for good news are always welcome.

Bernice, my dog friend with Shiba Inus, is taking care of Tater and Baby.  This is a big help, as I don't seem to have time to keep 4 dogs in coat,take care of all other fur babies, teach, take care of the house, etc.  

I did get my computer back from my daughter!   The  school also gave each Preschool-4th grade teacher an iPad with a keyboard.  
I am hoping to get Tater's Wisconsin picture scanned and on the web page.

I am so far behind here, plus trying to plan ahead for the remodel construction.  Hoping to get things picked up tomorrow morning while Dave is still working.  

I am still so disappointed in not getting any Dreamer puppies, but so thankful that TeTe is okay.  Missing babies in the house!!  Fancy is still pretty playful since she is just a few months old.  Hopefully in a few months, God will bless us again with special babies.


August 21, 2015 

Sad news.   TeTe had one puppy today via C-section.  The puppy had passed several days ago.  TeTe is doing well.

No other puppies are expected at this time.  I will make an announcement when we are expecting again, as I know there are several of you waiting for a special boy or girl to love.  I had high hopes for the TeTe/Dreamer litter.

On a happier note:  The Greeley shows went well for the Biewer Terriers.
Day 1- Tater won breed and Fancy took BOS.  Tater went on to win FSS Group.
Day 2 Dreamer won breed and Fancy took BOS.  Dreamer won an FSS Group 2
Day 3- Tater won breed and Baby took BOS.  Tater won the FSS Group again!

School has started, but seems to be so busy!!!   I will be coming in sometime on Sunday to do my planning for next week, as I just did not have enough time during the day to even start lesson plans.

July 30, 2015 

A couple of days ago when I came into school I forgot to update the blog.  I did post show results though.  

The trip was fun since I had my friend Bernice with me.  She helped me GREATLY with my 4 and I only helped her a little with her two Shiba Inus.   We stayed at another Shiba person's home.  Gladys graciously let us spend 5 nights in her gorgeous home overlooking a river.  We enjoyed her hot tub and used quite of bit of her water washing Biewer Terriers everyday.  Bernice has taken Tater under her wing and has had him at her home for about a month now.  He is getting a bath everyday there, something that I just don't seem to have the time for.  Needless to say, he is looking FABULOUS! 

In just two weeks, I will be heading to another show.  When I get back school will start, so the time until then is busy with getting my classroom ready and trying to keep up with the dogs.  I am also trying to prepare for the remodel that should start in September.  I have been looking for a flooring that will be easy on the dogs' feet when they have to spend weeks in the barn/kennel.   I don't want to take any risks that any of the gang will get out or stepped on, so banishment is the only answer.  Of course I will be spending LOTS of time with them.  Heck, if the new doggie tub is hooked up, I may have to do dishes down there!  Planning on putting a microwave down there too since some of the enzyme shampoo needs to be heated up before you put it on the dogs. 

We are looking for a propane heater for the ceiling as electricity has been so expensive to heat the barn.   Propane is down in price right now and we contracted what we hope is plenty for the house and barn. 

I may have to go to Colorado alone, but am trying to talk Dave into going with me.  He would have to either take vacation days or just not get paid for the three week days we will be gone.  My friend Bernice has a show in Topeka during that time.  DARN!  I wish all AKC shows allowed FSS to compete!

Tomorrow I will be contacting someone about Killer.  She has been busy all week.  On paper (the application) she sounds wonderful!  Talk to her and then check her references.  Killer would LOVE is own person to spoil him!   Fancy (AKA Sweetie) really got into the show life and the attention!


July 20, 2915 

Survived the week with the grand daughter and now the house seems so quiet without her!  Gearing up for the dog show this coming weekend.  I  need to leave provisions for Dave for when I am gone.  We will also be having a visiting dog, as Sassy will be coming back for a few days to visit Killer.

The start of school is approaching SO QUICKLY!!!   I have things I need to do at school, but they will wait until after this show.  My school committee needs to meet before school starts.  One of the members will be gone the beginning of August and then I want to be gone right before school starts.  That leaves August 10 or 11 for us to meet! 

Gotti is now called Andy and in his new home in California.  His new mom has posted pictures on FB and he looks happy. 
Now to find Killer his forever home.  He is so sweet and someone is missing out on his great personality.  He is doing VERY well with potty training.  He does his job first thing in the morning when I take them out.  During the day, if I don't get him out he is using the pee pad and usually even hits it!  LOL

Taking 4 dogs to show and my helper is likely going to be showing her own dogs at the very same exact time.  I have been trying to get together some awards for the show to hand out to winners.  It is hard to come up with things that every size of dog could use. 

The heat here has been miserable!  High humidity makes the heat index around 115. 

Trying to get the exact siding for the house picked out.  I thought is would just be a color thing.... Nope!  There is different materials, insulated, noninsulated.  5 in double, 4 in double 8 single.  So, I have samples of the different sizes to show Dave.  We have the color picked out!  lol  So glad for an experienced contractor running our local lumber yard.  This man has even worked on our house, so he knows a bit about it and can give us and the current contractor some heads up and tips about things. 

Hope I have exciting news to report after the show!!!